Permits & Inspections

 A building Permit: 

Allows construction of buildings or structure to proceed on condition of compliance with the Alberta Building Code which addresses building and fire safety. A building permit is required for the construction, alteration, repair, relocation, demolition, or change of use of a building. Farm accessory buildings, and non-hazardous accessory buildings under 100 square feet (10m2), are exempt. Building permits can be obtained through an accredited Alberta permit  licensing agent.


Safety Codes in MD #133

The Municipal District of Spirit River No. 133 is Non-Accredited in the Building Safety Codes Disciplines for Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Gas, and Private Sewage.

The following agencies are authorized by Alberta Municipal Affairs to issue permits and provide compliance monitoring in Non-Accredited Municipalities.

Superior Safety Codes Inc.- Grande Prairie, Alberta

Superior is our Safety Codes agent for building, plumbing, gas, private sewage and electrical. 

Rick Laliberte – Electrical Safety Codes Officer Cell: 780.882.4994

Shelby Kennedy – Building Codes Officer. Cell 403.877.5765

Wayne Allen – Plumbing, Sewage and Gas Safety Codes Officer 780.625.1814


1st Floor, 10525-100 Avenue

Grande Prairie, Alberta T8V 0V8

Ph: 780 882-8777
Fax: 780 882-7677
Toll Free 1 877 882-8777

The Inspections Group Inc. – Edmonton, Alberta

12010 – 111 Ave. Edmonton, Alberta T5G 0E6

Phone: (780) 454-5048
Toll-Free: (866) 554-5048
Fax: (780) 454-5222
Toll-Free Fax: (866) 454-5222