FCSS Coordinator: Julie Temple
Hello, My name is Julie temple. I am the FCSS Coordinator for Central Peace FCSS.
What is Central Peace FCSS?
FCSS provides many different services, including:
- Helping Hands Home Support Program
- Kid’s Summer Day Camp Program: Camp WaNaGo
- Community Christmas Hamper Project
- Other Services and Program Initiatives
- Meals on Wheels
Helping Hands Home Support Program
Provides home support service (light housekeeping, menu planning and companionship) to all residents of participating municipalities on a cost sharing basis for anyone experiencing problems that limit their ability to live and function independently including:
- New mothers
- Senior citizens
- Persons recovering from illness or operation
- Persons with a physical or mental disability
- Individuals dealing with the death of a loved one (during funeral preparations and the 5 weeks following)
- Transportation Program
Kid’s Summer Day Camp Program: Camp WaNaGo
Summer day camp program provides families with an affordable option for summer child care while providing youth with opportunities to learn new things and have fun with other children.
- Camp Wanago – Kids summer camp! Come and visit us and register your child(ren) for summer camp. More information will be provided in the future.
Reasonable day camp fees
- Many activities and field trips including trips to:
- Grande Prairie
- Community libraries
- Recreation facilities
- Spirit River Swimming Pool
- Children are given the opportunity to develop:
- Independence by choosing their activities
- self-reliance and confidence through learning new skills.
Community Christmas Hamper Project
This community tradition serves all needy residents. Needy families can be nominated or make personal application to receive a hamper. The community donates non-perishables at collection sites. Local businesses sponsor fresh food purchases and donate volunteer labor.
Other Services and Program Initiatives
In addition to ongoing programs, many side services and seasonal projects are also available.
- Training Opportunities
- First Aid
- Children’s Home Alone program
- Babysitter’s Course
- Community Networking
- Community Connection Fair – September
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention and Awareness
- Anti-Bullying Campaign
- Sponsors speakers and presentations in schools
- Grief Support
- Senior’s Programming and Events
- Salute to Seniors
- Referrals to other agencies who can meet your needs.
- HIV Information
- HIV North Society ( Grande Prairie – PH # 780 538-3388
- HIV Edmonton 1 877 388-5742
Meals on Wheels