Spirit River is big sky country punctuated with tall grain elevators and oil derricks. It's a patchwork quilt of yellow canola, golden grain and green fields dotted with biscuit colored round bales of hay, all rolling into glorious northern sunrises and sunsets. Spirit River is the home of the mighty Peace River, sparkling northern lights, and abundant wildlife. Spirit River - where the pioneer spirit of independence and adventure lives still.
Telephone (780) 864-3500
8:30 am -12:00 pm 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm Closed Saturday- Sunday
Box 389 4202-50th St.Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0
Dust Control application 2013
The MD of Spirit River will be applying Calcium Chloride as a dust suppressant.
Our dust control program cost sharing program will operate similar to previous years.
Please notify The Public Works Supervisor Jess Gingell @ 780 864-9358
for dust control application/ concerns regarding dust control.
No applications of Calcium will be applied prior to payment in full.
Applications will be received until May 1, 2013
Roadside Spraying policy
Link to : ASB.18 Roadside Spraying
Fairview Campus has the following courses coming soon
- Colt-starting Clinic with Mel Hyland Colt-Starting Clinic(EQ008)
- Clinic Dates: May 16-19, 2013 (Must Register by: May 6, 2013)
- Timber Frame Construction Timber Frame Construction
- Workshop Dates: June 17-21, 2013 (Must Register by: May 30, 2013)
- English Rider Development Level 1-2 Eng Rider Dev 1-2
- Course Dates: July 6 & July 12-14, 2013 (Must Register by June 26, 2013)
The Administration Building at the MD of Spirit River
now has a motorized chair lift and can now accommodate persons with disabilities up to the Reception area.Please phone ahead and let us know you are coming in advance so we may greet you at the rear of the building and assist you up stairs.